So, You’ve downloaded the patch and it hasn’t done anything? Here’s some things that I’ve seen as common problems.
1: You have a 64 bit copy of Office. It won’t work. You need a 32 bit copy. To check this, click “File” and look below:
If you don’t have Office 32 bit, stop, contact your IT admin, or check your install media, Get the right version installed, and try again. I can’t make it work on 64bit, and I doubt I ever will. Sorry.
2. Check your Hotsync Version.
The only version of Hotsync that I have tested this on is Hotsync 7. Other versions install in other locations, and may not be directly compatible with my patch.
If you want to test compatibility with your version, you can check the following things:
- Find your install location:
Windows XP, Vista 32bit and 7 32bit users: Check C:Program FilesPalm or C:Program FilesPalm One
- Windows Vista 64bit and 7 64bit users: Check C:Program Files(x86Palm or C:Program Files(x86)Palm One
- If it is NOT in the Palm folder, copy the two files that are located in C:Program FilesPalm named “OCPConduitUI.dll” and “OCPnotifier.dll” and paste them into the folder that Hotsync Manager is installed into. If Hotsync is installed into the Palm folder, then the patch isn’t working with your version of Hotsync. Try installing Version 7 from the link above.
- Note: You may need to have administrator privileges in order to copy these files.
I have tested Version 7 with the following devices: Palm T|X, Palm M505, Palm T|2, Palm IIIc, and a Handspring Visor. Your device will probably work with it too, but there are no guarantees as I am not the publisher of Version 7.